Our Operatives now have up to date knowledge and hands on experience which enables compliance with relevant legal obigations associated with work activities necessitating the use of the using safety harresses and ladders when working at height.
Our Operatives can now:
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of their understanding of the specific and other relevant legislation.
- Summarise the relevant duties and responsibilities on persons involved in working at height in relation to:
- Applying the "avoidance hierarchy of control."
- Competence and supervision.
- Selection of appropriate methods and safe systems of work.
- Protection of others who any be affected by the work activity.
- Inspection of the workplaces and equipment.
- Adopt appropriate safety arrangements, as specified in the regulation schedules, when using equipment such as; harnesses, fall arrest systems, ladders and/or stepladders.
- Demonstrate their ability to carry out pre-use equipment inspection, ensuring that it is safe for use and use the equipment in a safe manner.
- Summarise the requirments for:
- Planning and organising the work and provision of emergency arrangements.
- Care, maintenance, certification and record keeping of the equipment.